PWA has developed a regenerable adsorption media used for the treatment of oil and gas waste water streams. This media, called Osorb® will remove 99% of free, dispersed and soluble hydrocarbons (BTEX, WSOs, etc.) from water. The media has also been proven for removal of hydrocarbons in the vapour phase from gas streams. PWA, in partnership with other companies and technologies, is prepared to offer complete Produced Water solutions. Below are some more details about Osorb and it's unique properties.
1. Removes up to 99.99% free, dispersed, & soluble hydrocarbons from water
2. High capture efficiency and loading capacity
3. Breakthrough is gradual, not instantaneous
4. Regenerable and reusable without significant loss of performance
5. Significantly smaller footprint requirements:
a. Sorption process is almost instantaneous
b. Minimal residence time requirements
c. Often requires only a single pass through Osorb
6. Flexible application – bulk, canisters, inject into flow
7. Demonstrates consistent capture ability in the presence of most oilfield chemicals
8. Performance not affected by upset conditions or emulsions
9. Performance is not negatively impacted by salinity
10. Surface area of Osorb is over 550m2/g
For a list of journal citations related to Osorb technology and its applications, visit ABSMaterials, Inc.